Saturday, February 5, 2011

Review: My Most Excellent Year

Hey everyone!

So I know this book wasn't in the list of books I'm reading at the moment but I picked it up two days ago at the library and I just read it in one take. It's amazing.

The book is called 'My Most Excellent Year', written by Steve Kluger.
It's the story of three best friends and what they all three experienced as their most excellent year.
T.C. and Augie have been friends ever since T.C.'s mother died, but they are more than just friends. They are brothers. It started as a game, but now their parents barely remember the times before they did everything together.
T.C. is obsessed by baseball and doing campaigns. Augie is obsessed with theater and is gay, but he seems to be the only person in the world who doesn't realise it yet. And Alejandra is the new girl, with rich parents who don't really support singing and dancing, even though that's the only thing Ale wants.

The book tells the story of three best friends and how their lives changed forever - for the better.
It's a modern fairytale that makes you believe dreams really do come true.

I just couldn't put the book down. It's not as sophisticated as John Green's books, at least, not at first. Slowly but sure, the book teaches you things about live, friendship and most of all dreams.
Meeting your idol, falling in love, or rebelling your parents, it's all so typically teenagers, but I'm sure many older readers will love this book too. I did.

xxx
Cath

No comments: