Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rome Rome Rome :D

Hello :)

So, in a couple of hours, I'll take the train and then the bus and then a plane and then I'll be in Rome, Italy :D

I'm going with three of my best friends, and I'm super excited!!

We planned this trip kind of late, and we're only going for two days and it'll be very chaotic, but I see it as one of my new adventures.

And even if it sucks, and it’s completely not like we’ve planned and things go wrong and we end up sleeping at an airport of Rome just sucks (it won’t, but still… If.) we’ll still have done it. You have to make mistakes in life and my parents tell me all the time that this is a mistake (you’re not going long enough, will you be okay on your own, …) I don’t think I’ll regret making it.

Because I’m a doubter. I can’t make snap decisions. I change my mind all the time with the result that I usually do nothing. I take all my time thinking about making a decision that the opportunity passes. And I don’t want to live like that anymore. My entire life, I’ve regretted NOT doing things, and that’s a huge mistake. You miss so many experiences living like that.

So that’s over. From now on: when in doubt, do nowt, doesn’t apply anymore. When in doubt, take changes, live your life and even if it’s a mistake, you won’t know it till you made it. No more ‘what if I had gone on that trip? What if I had bought that jacket? What if…?’ No more. All gone. Hello taking chances, goodbye ‘what if’.

I’ll go make my backpack.

Bye!

Cath

2 comments:

Jay said...

Make the trip as much of an adventure as the destination.

HAVE FUN!!!

seamagpie said...

good luck, even though your probably back now looking at the date of the post