Sunday, January 16, 2011

Paper Towns review

Hello again!

So I've just finished paper towns (for the fourth time I think) so I thought I'd write a review.
There are already plenty of reviews about this book and I agree with everyone that says that this book is amazing, but for some reason I wanted to write another one.

Paper Towns is the story of Q, a shy, nerdy boy from Orlando, Florida. He lives next to the single most awesome girl in the history of the world: Margo Roth Spiegelman. But since he is nerdy and shy and she is awesome they're not really friends anymore like they were in kindergarten.
One night Margo knocks on Q window and invites him for a night where they will radically reshape the world. Or at least have some fun doing crazy things.
After this amazing night, Margo disappears and leaves some clues for Q. He gets a whole new adventure, looking for her.

What I love about this book, is that it's so mature but describes teenage feelings so perfectly. John Green is not afraid to let his characters swear, say weird things, or be just nerdy. A lot of authors try to make their characters perfect, flawless, and make them unhuman. But John Green can capture the essence of a character perfectly and you learn that someone isn't always who you think they are.

There are a lot of wonderful things to say about this book, but I think they would make this blog post way too long. All I can say is: Read it. You won't be dissapointed.

xx
Cath


Books read: 1
Reading: Wuthering Heights

2 comments:

Jay said...

I just finished reading paper towns last night. I started it Sunday morning and stayed up until 1:30 am to finish it. I've loved all three of John Green's books. I agree with you about how he writes his characters. I can't get them out of my head.

DFTBA Cath from Belgium

Cath said...

@JW:

Thank you so much :)
That was my first comment ever, so thank you :p

Yeah, I usually think that I've read his books so often that I don't have to read trough the night anymore because I'll know what happens, but I still do every time.